Some people might have found someone to share their lives with, while some are seeking to find theirs. If you are still on the journey to find your one true love in Thailand, you’ll need these Thai dating tips.
The tendency to long for someone to have and share every moment in life is prevalent in everyone. Typically, there are obstacles to finding your one true love in Thailand. It is nothing like what we see in the movies, and it can never be effortless. You must do your part and do some hard work.
Many people would say that dating Thais is one of the best things that can happen to you. If you already have one, hold them dearly and make sure not to mess things up.
However, if you are someone trying to meet a Thai single online or offline, a few dating tips will always do you good. If you have your heart laid out to a Thai person, you are in luck. Here is a guide for you on how to flutter a Thai single’s heart:
1. Common courtesy never fails to impress
When dating Thai singles, having common courtesy is always a plus point. It is never a question that being a gentleman will still charm ladies, which also applies to Thai women. They are modest and appreciative, and you will have no problem attracting them.
Moreover, the importance of respect in interracial cannot be stressed enough. It is undoubtedly one of the cornerstones for a relationship to succeed. That is why you should always show respect for your other half’s culture and tradition.
In Thailand dating, there are a lot of things to keep in mind, starting with their beliefs. Besides being known as the land of superstitions, a massive percentage of Thailand are Buddhist. It typically means that they are rich in their religion and beliefs. A tip from here is that you must have an open mind about it.
Other than that, here’s a list of some of Thailand’s cultures that you should know more about:
- Always address Thai people by their first name.
- “Wai” is a way of respectfully greeting. It depends on the social status or age. Thus, younger people usually initiate it, and the older will then return the gesture. (It is done by doing the praying action and touching the head and chest.
- Keep in mind that it is insulting to use your feet to point out something.
- Thais have high respect for parents. They are treated as superiors to children. It also applies to the teachers having full courtesy from students.
2. Know that Thai families are tight-knit
Thais value their families. They are considered the foundation of a peaceful Thai society, as it was mentioned, they honor their parents with great respect.
Hence, if you are meeting the family of your Thai partner, expect it to be grand. Other people would say when the day of the meeting comes, it will feel like you are getting ready for a Christmas celebration. The whole family is going to be involved in the grand festivity.
Most importantly, for Thai women, it is such a big deal for them to bring a guy to their house. You must consider that Thailand is a country rich in culture and they are equally rich in traditions.
3. Try online dating
It is undeniable that online dating has changed the dating culture. Believe it or not, Thailand was one of the first countries to embrace it. As a result, most of Thai singles choose to utilize online dating sites to find someone. If you are looking for your perfect Thai match, you just got lucky.
Nevertheless, if you are one of the people who struggle to meet Thai singles, here is a guide for you;
- Always find the best Thailand online dating site for you. Visit TrulyThai.com if you’re looking to meet single Thais – it is the most trusted and tested dating site out there.
- Next, go and create an eye-catching dating site profiles to draw attention.
- Put up the best quality photo portrait of yourself that focuses on your unique features.
- Always keep a wholesome language towards new people.
If you are having problems dating online and can’t find a perfect match, try to evaluate your profile and see what you could do to improve. Don’t worry, here are things that you should avoid;
- Do not check a person’s profile multiple times.
- Stop sending a too flirty message to someone you just met.
- It’s a big no-no to send the same message from one person to another.
- Avoid oversharing your life to a person you just met online. You might come off as creepy instead of friendly.
- Never send or post a vulgar photo of yourself.
4. Be straightforward
This is considered to be one of the golden Thai dating tips. Thai people want people to be upfront and honest about their feelings. So, when dating one, you must be straightforward about the things you want your relationship to achieve.
Always state your intention right from the start. It will create trust between you and your partner. No person likes to feel insecure and uncomfortable while in a romantic relationship. Never leave them hanging off the special connection you have.
In a general sense, when people date, there is a need to know more about the person. Try to be straightforward to avoid doubts. It is one of the ways to make your Thailand dating prosper.
5. Build an excellent communication channel
You might have heard this a million times, but communication is truly one the keystones to a happy and long romantic relationship. When you do not build a stable communication channel in your relationship, it becomes a threat to the existence of the special connection that you have.
You might ask how to build a suitable communication medium in Thai dating. Follow these tips below;
- Never hide your emotions from your partner; this will just create confusion and a lot of misunderstanding. Instead, be open about the issues you are experiencing, whether be in your relationship or personal problems.
- Always remember that communication is a two-way street. Listen and understand your Thai partner. They will return the favor.
- Never skip a time to talk to each other. Especially when you have misunderstandings.
- Resolve each problem, do not sleep with it. However, there are times that you’ll need space. Then, you can address it at the right time.
- Always ask. Never assume what your partner is thinking about.
READ MORE: 5 Ways to Increase Your Matches on TrulyThai
6. Don’t rush for love
It has never been true that love is a race of who will be the first to find someone to spend together for the rest of their lives. Never treat love like it’s a competition because there’s no winning and losing. If one wins, the other one wins and vice versa.
When you meet Thai singles, taking it easy is the right way to win their hearts. Most of them don’t like to be rushed. You must know that Thai women are reserved and modest. That is why you should be careful and never come off as too aggressive in love. You might drive them away.
Another point is that if you take things slow, you will create a lot of memories together, and that would bear you a more profound love connection with your partner. So, you must adjust to the right pace of love and just keep it smooth.
7. Be punctual
No one ever said that tardiness is an attractive trait. Hence, for Thailand dating, it is one of the big no-nos. Understandably, being late on special days like a date can cause a misunderstanding. You should know that Thais value time like gold.
When it comes to dating Thai women, you have to avoid showing up late in any appointments you have with them. Or else you will discourage and drive them away. To think of it, being on time will help you impress a Thai’s heart.
8. Keep your word
Not keeping a promise to your partner will make them feel that you do not value them as much as they do towards you. If you break it, it might break the bond of trust you have. Hence, keeping your word holds so much in a relationship. It is one of the basics of Thai dating tips.
9. Keep “money talk” out of it
Financial stability can attract people when dating, but it shouldn’t be the only reason you should commit to a relationship. There’s undoubtedly more beyond materialistic things and money.
One thing you should avoid is talking about money during dates. Many Thailand women get offended when men mention and brag about their financial status. So, you better steer clear from that sensitive topic to avoid turning them off.
10. Have peace of mind
Go through the journey with an open mind and heart, while also keeping these Thai dating tips at the back of your mind. Enjoy it, and don’t overthink it. Always remind yourself that good things come to those who wait. Yet, don’t just sit around without doing anything. Patience and hard work are the keys to finding and winning a Thai’s heart.
READ MORE: 7 Reasons Why You Should Date Thai Singles
Do you feel a rush to find your Thai soulmate now? Online dating is a big thing in Thailand! You can find your perfect match by visiting Truly Thai right now. It is the best Thailand online dating site out there. Create a dating profile now and apply these tips to win a Thai’s heart!