An online dating site is undeniably a great way to meet someone that can potentially be the love of your life. If you do not have enough strength to get yourself in the physical world, you can always have the option to search for love with the help of technology. Plus, in the comfort of your homes, you can create an attractive dating profile that can snatch the attention of Thai singles. That’s why online dating profile tips are so useful – you can find out how to grab attention and make matches wherever you are!
If you are looking for the best Thailand dating site, TrulyThai is the way to go. It is the most trusted and results-driven Thai dating site out there. It offers you advanced technology features that can quickly help you create an impressively good online dating profile.
If you are someone who is struggling to achieve an eye-grabbing dating account. Check out the ten best online dating profile tips we have for you:
1. Keep an honest account
The importance of being honest in your dating profile is like doing a big favor for yourself. It is the number one crucial rule in internet dating. Do not be tempted to insert things about yourself that only makes your profile look better if it isn’t true.
Always remind yourself to be honest since many people in an online dating site prefer someone who tells the truth. You wouldn’t want to be called a fraud or scam at the end of the day.
Moreover, if you’re not honest enough to answer personality test questions, you cannot be assured you’ll find the perfect match for you. For your online dating site to successfully do the matchmaking, you must input correct information without exaggerating or omitting some things.
Here are the things you should definitely not lie about:
- Your age. This fundamental piece of information should not be twisted to make yourself feel better. After all, age is just a number in love.
- Your height. Do not add an inch or two in the misguided attempt to make more matches. It will not do you any good when it is time to meet your match.
- Your dating preferences. Tell them about what type of relationship you prefer, whether you want a serious one or a fling.
- Your relationship status. Get it straight if you are married, divorced, or single.
2. Do not skip or leave anything blank
Leaving blanks is the one thing that you should not do if you want an exciting profile. Online dating sites are created to help people achieve a compelling dating profile, and they do this by providing tools and spaces to show the person you are.
Tips for you:
- You can take advantage of the online dating site features that can make your profile even more enjoyable.
- Putting the right information can make a user’s account seem active and sincere.
- If the dating site only allows ten photos of you, it is always better to fill up all of it than upload 3 or 5 images.
3. Choose the perfect profile picture
When you are looking for your soulmate online, choosing the perfect profile picture is a crucial step. If you are wondering why you are not getting enough matches and messages in your dating profile, your photo might be the culprit. And, most of the time, people pass up the chance of posting an attractive profile picture.
Here are some of the best online dating profile tips for choosing the right photos:
- Avoid the selfies, opt for adventurous pictures.
- Show your sexy angle.
- The photo should be flattering, but it should still look like you – not an overdone filter.
- Always choose a high-quality one photo so that people can clearly see you
- A shot where you are wearing a pop of color; red is ideal.
- A smiling photo can help you look approachable and kind
- A picture where you are dressing up for success can let people know that you are serious about your career
- Always ask a friend or family member for their trusted opinion on your best photos
4. Create a good bio
Online dating apps are created for you to connect with people and get to interact with them. Thus, you need to create an online profile that can make people talk to you. Make something that can be an ice breaker by starting in your biography.
Tips for creating an effective bio:
- Don’t make it too long – you are not writing an essay. Keep it short and to the point.
- Give three or four adjectives that describe your personality.
- Say what you care about and love about, such as your hobbies, pastimes, and passion.
- Please do not make it a resume. So stop describing and telling what you do for a living.
- You can try stating what type of people you want to meet. You can start by telling what the personality and character you want your match should have.
- Please do not be a negative person; it will only drive people away.
5. Go crazy with your photos
The option to add more photos in your dating profile is something you should take advantage of. If the maximum of the additional images you can add is 10, use up all of it and post pictures of you that can help you steal many users’ attention.
- Post an excellent full-body photo of you. It helps give potential matches a better idea of what you look like.
- Don’t take up all the space with only selfies. Be more creative with your photos by putting a variation of images.
- Post a photo of something that you love doing. For example, if you love trekking in the mountains, post a beautiful picture of you on your favorite trip.
- You can give them a glimpse of your life by posting a photo of your everyday life.
- Show off your natural beauty but putting up a candid photo of you smiling or doing your favorite thing to do.
- If you are a man, you can try a photo of you in a suit or a red dress if you are a woman.
6. Keep your profile active
Always remain active when you are working on your online dating profile. You don’t want to miss a message from someone and find out about it weeks later. So, logging into your dating profile once in a while can improve the look of your profile.
READ MORE: Your Guide to Thai Dating and Safety Tips
Here are some more online dating profile tips to ensure you have the most success possible:
- Change up your profile picture when you have to.
- Keep photos up to date, delete the old ones. You do not want to mislead people.
- When it is time to update your profile from being single to in a relationship, do it. You do not want your date to find out that you are still actively dating online.
- Make sure you’re still using an active email so that you don’t miss out on TrulyThai’s exclusive newsletters
- Change your bio if you think it is not getting you enough attention.
- Log in to your profile at least three to four times a week, so you would not miss any messages.
7. Spice things up and be romantic
If you are in an online dating site to meet your soulmate, it’s important to show your romantic side. It is a place where you can improve your dating skills, so why not put all your effort into it?
Tips for you:
- Be an open book about yourself and love preferences
- Remember to be yourself. If you are into romantic relationships, do not hide that fact.
- If you are a woman, do not be afraid to take the initial step.
- Never hesitate to message someone you like; it’s always worth a shot.
- You do not be shy to talk about romantic things; chances are many other people are looking for romance in dating sites.
8. Skip the group photos
Everyone has friends, and being sociable is always a good thing. However, it doesn’t mean that you should post them in your dating profile. The fact is that group photos are discouraged on dating sites. You want people to focus on you and not on your friends. You also want to avoid people being confused about which one is the online dating profile owner.
Tips for you:
- If you genuinely want to post a group photo because you look good in it. Then, the maximum of the group photos you should include is one.
- If you are posting one, make sure to choose one that highlights you.
- It would also be best to make it the third or fourth picture that people see in your profile so that they already know what you look like before seeing the group photo.
9. Review your work
Proofreading is also vital in online dating. You want your profile to be flawlessly good for prospective lovers to see. Plus, you do not want to be a laughing stock by someone because of a simple mistake.
Tips for you:
- Always check the grammar and the typos. Some people can be instantly turned off when they see a profile that is riddled with errors. So, double-check your biography as well as your photo descriptions.
- Getting help from a friend or family member is not a bad idea. Let them see your dating profile. Ask for suggestions and comments on what things can make it look better.
10. Enjoy the process
Nothing is better than enjoying the process of online dating. Do not make it too serious, have fun while you meet your Thai soulmate.
Tips for you:
- Keep a positive attitude
- Do not make things complicated and be your true self
- Never get discouraged by an ignored message
- There are plenty of fish in the sea – if someone isn’t treating you right, move on to the next potential lover.
Are you up for the challenge to meet your Thai soulmate? Sign up on TrulyThai today. It gives you an endless opportunity in your dating life since it brings Thai singles and people all over the world together. Plus, it offers user-friendly features to help you pull off an exciting online dating profile. We hope our online dating profile tips help you find a match!