If you are looking for the perfect places for a date trip, Thailand is an excellent choice! There is no doubt that the Land of Smiles is a popular tourist destination. The picture-perfect beaches and the fascinating temples are the first things that will come to your mind.
More than being a fast-growing and popular tourist go-to destination, Thailand is also an exceptional place to meet your soulmate. With romantic places, you will surely impress your date.
What are the best Thailand places to have a date trip, you ask? Check out the list below:
When talking about Thailand, we cannot go through it without talking about its capital city, which is Bangkok. It is considered as one of the most popular cities on the planet.
Bangkok will always meet your expectations; the variety of things to do are endless. Once you arrive in the city, it’s almost confusing to know where to start. Romantically, it offers you a lot of places to get yourself a nice date.
Tips to enjoy Bangkok with someone special:
- Spend at least three days since it is a large city to explore
- If you are looking for Thai singles, the nightlife in Bangkok is something that you shouldn’t overlook. There are a lot of nightclubs and cocktail bars you can choose from
- If you want something fun, try biking around the city with your date by renting a bike
- Explore the historical sites; there is Wat Arun; it is a Buddhist temple located along the river. Or go to the famous Grand Palace (Royal Palace), which has impressive scenery, and it is just on the other side of the Wat Arun Temple
- Go to the Golden Mount; it is also a temple that offers a panoramic view of the entire city
- Bangkok is the place for shopping. You can get something for someone from everywhere in the city. You have the Chatuchak Weekend Market, Siam Paragon, or the Central Embassy.
READ MORE: 11 Best Dating Spots In Bangkok
Your romantic trip to Thailand will not be complete without visiting Phuket. It is situated in the Andaman Sea, which is in the South of the country. It is the most popular beach tourist destination in the country, so you have to expect that you are not going to be alone on its beaches. But on the bright side, it is a beautiful place to meet Thai singles.
Nonetheless, Phuket is not something you should pass on. It offers tons of activities that you can do together with your partner. Do you want an adventurous date in Phuket? Here’s a list of things to do for you to have fun while getting romantic on the gorgeous island of Phuket:
- Enjoy the beautiful beach and breathtaking sunset of Surin Beach, Kata beach, or Nai Harn beach
- You can be adventurous by trying out rock climbing, kite-surfing, paragliding, bungee jumping, zip-lining, or scuba diving in the different parts of the island.
- Visit Wat Chalong, which is a Buddhist temple and a historical landmark
- You can also walk around Phuket Town; it has impressive architecture and buildings in Chinese-Portuguese style. Plus, it has a main street lined with cafés and boutiques.
- If you want to go partying and have a wild night, you can go to Bangla Road, where bars and nightclubs are found
- Go elephant watching in the Phuket Elephant Sanctuary
- Be entertained in the Phuket Fantasea Show
- Have a romantic meal at Mom Tri’s Kitchen, which is a go-to restaurant for couples
Krabi is one of Thailand’s best places for a date that is also one of the best tourist attractions because it offers remarkable things to see and do. It is located on the southwest coast of the country and is just on the other side of the Andaman Sea, which is near Phuket.
It is the perfect province in Thailand to relax and have fun at the same time. The remarkable imagery of Krabi is something you and your partner will surely appreciate. Plus, it is less busy than Phuket, which means you can have some quiet time with your special someone.
These are the top things to enjoy in Krabi:
- You can relish the fantastic sunset of Maya Bay on the famous island of Koh Phi Phi
- Be adventurous by climbing up to the Tiger Cave Temple or Wat Tham Suea
- Stroll around the tropical forest of Khao Phanom Bencha National Park
- Try out the spectacular Thailand cuisine in Krabi town’s Night Market
- Go to Ao Nang; it has a variety of resorts and hotels. It is just 20 minutes away from the town of Krabi.
- Book a sightseeing trip in Khao Kanab Nan, where karstic rocks are shaped like crab claws, which Krabi is most famous for
- Visit Wat Kaew, a white temple found in Krabi Town
- Go island hopping to these four islands; Turtle Island, Chicken Island, Tup Island, and Mor Island
- Do you want to get refreshed? Take a dip in the Emerald Pool. It is a natural emerald-green pool.
4. Ko Pha Ngan
If you are visiting Thailand, you have to add Ko Pha Ngan to your list. It is an island with two wonderful neighboring islands: Ko Samui and Ko Tao. It is located in the Gulf of Thailand, so expect to see some romantic sunsets and mesmerizing beaches.
Are you eager to know what Ko Pha Ngan has to offer? Take a look at this list of things to check out:
- It is the home of the famous Full Moon Party. On the night of each month’s full moon, there is music, dancing, games, and a lot of partying.
- Go motorbiking around Ko Pha Ngan. You and your date can rent a motorcycle and explore at your own pace and appreciate the magnificent views
- If you want to learn how to cook Pad Thai, there is the perfect opportunity to do so with your partner
- Don’t miss Mae Haat Beach and Chaluklum beach, two of the most beautiful beaches which are not too crowded to enjoy
5. Koh Samui
Koh Samui is the second largest after Phuket. It is located in the Gulf of Thailand and is one of the sister islands of Ko Pha Ngan.
Things you can do in Koh Samui;
- Go to the Famous Big Buddha, which is a famous landmark of the Koh Samui
- Appreciate the scenery in Namuang Waterfall
- Try out a 4WD Jungle Safari Tour
- Hike at the Elephant Rock
6. Chiang Rai
Chiang Rai is another major city in northern Thailand. It has a sister name, Chiang Mai. However, Chang Rai is more of a pleasant province. So if you want a more calm atmosphere, you should go and chill in one of the down-to-earth areas in Thailand.
What does Chiang Rai have to offer?
- Take your date to the white temple of Wat Rong Khun. It is known worldwide for its impressive view.
- Stroll through Singha Park to take your date to the great golden lion.
- If you want to explore Thailand’s history, go to the Black House Museum or Baandam Museum.
- Be adventurous in Khun Korn Waterfall, which is the largest waterfall in the Chiang Rai area.
- How about going to the Three gigantic monuments – The Huai Pla Kang, the Wat Huai, and the Pla Kank.
- Get romantic in the beautiful flower park of Mae Fah Luang Garden, which is on top of Doi Tung mountain.
If you want to look attractive and smart to your date, take them to the Historic City of Ayutthaya, located about 75 km north of Bangkok. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which means you have a lot of temples to see.
Here are some ideas for Aytthaya dates:
- Visiting Wat Ratchaburan
- Marvel at the beauty of Wat Mahathat
- Check out Wat Maheyong with your date
- Learning more about Thai culture at Wat Lokayasutharam
- Visit Wat Phra Si Sanphet
- Appreciating the beauty of Wat Phra Ram
- Wat Chai Watthanaram
- Wat Yai Chai Mongkhon
8. Chiang Mai
Go to the North of Thailand and discover the misty mountains that Chiang Mai presents you. Your date will indeed get fascinated by the mountainous view of the place. It is like a playground for travelers, so you can expect a lot of exciting and romantic things to do in Chiang Mai;
Need ideas for your Chaing Mai date Trip? Take a look at these;
- Head to Huay Lake
- Go to Suthep Temple
- Tour the Bhubing Palace and take a romantic stroll in the flower gardens of the Royal Family’s winter palace
- Go to its elephant sanctuary
If you are dating in Thailand, take your date to Sukhotai. It is another UNESCO World Heritage Site. Thus, it has several temple ruins and historical sites that you can enjoy and have many romantic pictures with.
These are the sites you should not miss in Sukhothai;
- Sukhothai Old City
- The Wat Tra Phang Ngoen
- Wat Sa Si
- Wat Phra Bat Noi
- Si Satchanalai National Park
- Wat Sorasak
- Wat Si Chum
READ MORE: 18 First Date Tips to Impress Thai Singles
Do you want to go on a wild and adventurous date trip? Lopburi is an excellent choice for having fun while also being one of the great places for a date in Thailand. It is one of the oldest cities in the country of Thailand that hosts a few ruined temples.
Best places in Lopburi to bring your date to;
- The most famous site Prang Sam Yot, where you can find monkeys and the most amazing architecture
- Stroll around Phra Narai Ratchaniwet
- Take a gorgeous picture with your date in the Sunflower Fields of Lopburi
Do you need more Thai dating tips? Just head to Trulythai.com, which is the best Thai online dating site and app you can visit. It has tons of registered members from Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket; looking for Thai singles to travel Thailand has never been more accessible. Sign up now and meet your Thai soulmate.